Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth of XCVR 2450 Daugtherboard

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth of XCVR 2450 Daugtherboard
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:39:59 -0400

On 28/09/2011 11:19 AM, Matt Ettus wrote:

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Konstantinos <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi again,

I recently found out that the Bandwidths of the XCVR 2450 Daugtherboard are as
follows for the RX and TX side respectively:

Bandwidths (Hz):

   RX: 15M, 19M, 28M, 36M; (each +-0, 5, or 10%)
   TX: 24M, 36M, 48M

Can someone elaborate on these values please and how to decide upon which one to
use? As I can understand, this is dependent on the specific application,
however, I am puzzled as to why they are different since these values correspond
to the bandwidth allowed in the bandpass filter prior to transmission/reception.

These filters are programmable low-pass filters which operate at baseband.  In general, you just need to set them wide enough for the signals you wish to deal with.

Matt