[Discuss-gnuradio] distribution and integration - any debs?

From: Marius Ciepluch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] distribution and integration - any debs?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 10:21:03 +0200

Hi!

I'm currently trying to build a newer Debian/Ubuntu package of GNU Radio
(with the 3.3 stable and 3.4git, including UHD and QT/WX GUIs). It seems
the current binary distribution lacks updates (3.2 is the last version).
However syncing or integrating work over many workstations (here we have
~8-10) is easier using pre-compiled debs.

Is there any current work here? Compiling the Git source tree or the
stable tar ball requires lots of dependency hunting, which should not be
necessary on each individual work station. I'd like to be able to
integrate upon a proper package management (updates, conflicts,
additional stacks) to keep work compatible.

While it seems the current build system is going to change to cmake...
is there any progress here that could ease my part? Or does anyone have
a repo, PPA, DL for an updated deb? - That could be very helpful :)

Best,
Marius