[Discuss-gnuradio] Mixer Frequency of RFX900

From: Raullen Chai
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mixer Frequency of RFX900
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 12:19:56 -0400

Hi, All,

Kind of confusing about the IF of RFX900.

According to what Eric said (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2010-06/msg00113.html) the RFX boards directly converts UHF to baseband signal. Can it be understood as usrp.tune(f,...) sets the mixer frequency in the RFX board to be f.
Then, why do we need DDC? On the other hand, if the mixer frequency in the RFX board is set to be f1, while mixer in DDC is set to be f2, where f1+f2=f. How can we calculate/control f1 and f2?

Best Regards
(Raullen) Qi Chai