Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I hate Unity

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I hate Unity
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:28:16 -0400

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Robert McGwier <address@hidden> wrote:
Install gnome-tweak-tools to get advanced settings for gnome to be able to get your favorite settings after you install gnome-shell.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Robert McGwier <address@hidden> wrote:
http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2011/10/03/install-gnome-shell-in-ubuntu-11-10/

--
Bob McGwier
Facebook: N4HYBob

Or do what I did: apt-get install gnome-session-fallback and switch to Gnome Classic Mode at the login screen. Removes Unity.

I haven't heard anyone say a good thing about Unity. It's an awful environment to develop under. The first thing I do in Ubuntu now is stop using it.

I'm now shopping around for another Linux distro if they keep going this way.

Tom