Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Transmiter and receiver by using USRP1

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Transmiter and receiver by using USRP1
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:46:13 -0400

Hello Marcus thanks for your reply.. Well the problem is there is not much
documentation available on internet on usurp .. Also I am quite new to gnu
radio and usrp1 ... I tried to play with interpolation and decimation
settings but didnot get the desired ofdm signal .. I am not sure what else I
can do to fix this problem . If u know any documentation regarding that
please do let me know . U mentioned about UHd but I could not find any UHd
blocks in gnu radio .. As I saw in one example someone use UHd .. Iam using
Ubuntu 10.10 and gnu radio companion 3.2.2 version .. I will really
appreciate if u can guide me how to setup the settings or specs i need for
usrp 1 .. Thanks and regards...

Try using:

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

On your Ubuntu platform.  It will build and install everything required for a modern
  UHD-supporting Gnu Radio environment.

While I agree that documentation is sparse, the problems with your flow-graph indicate to me
  problems at a conceptual level.  Have you looked at the GRC Tutorials?

www.csun.edu/~skatz/katzpage/sdr_project/sdr/grc_tutorial1.pdf

Also:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Tutorials

And:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/HowToUse

And:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion

And:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsWritePythonApplications

But if you don't really have a clear notion of what interpolation and decimation are all about, none of
  the above will be of much help.  You need a basic introduction to Digital Signal Processing, and
  going down the Gnu Radio path isn't a substitute for such background.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium