Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fan replacement for usrp1?

From: Mark Cetilia
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fan replacement for usrp1?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 22:12:17 -0400

ok so this has been working just fine at home,
but i am actually beginning to use the usrp in performances fairly regularly,
and you never know what might happen in such situations…

so just to be on the safe side, i'd really rather replace the fan.

unfortunately i'm not having much luck finding the exact fan that came with it in stock anywhere,
but i've found a possible replacement that seems to basically meet the specs:
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/F410T-05LC/563-1130-ND/1165524

the only thing that doesn't match up is the air flow—
it's rated at 3.9CFM rather than the cooltron's 4.6CFM.

anyone have a clue as to whether or not this would be enough of a difference to cause concern?

otherwise the specs look fine, and it's supposed to have a noise floor of 12 dBA instead of ~21,
so we're talking roughly half the volume… could really make a difference.

thanks in advance,
mark

p.s. does anyone else have this same issue or is it just me? i'm wondering if maybe it's just that my fan is defective…
20 dBA should be "a whisper" and mine seems to be much louder than that.