Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release candidate 3.5.0rc0 available fo

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release candidate 3.5.0rc0 available for download
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 14:36:18 -0700

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 13:55, Arturo Rinaldi <address@hidden> wrote:

i expected to find the CMakelists.txt file inside to rc0 tarball to build with cmake....but there is no trace at all....will it be inserted in the final release of 3.5.0 ?

The cmake build system is still experimental, and our plan is to maintain the autotools system as the "stable" build for making tarballs during the 3.5.x release series.  We do encourage people who are using git to build with cmake.

The cmake system does have the ability to generate distribution tarballs, and part of the testing needed is to compare the output of autotools generated tarballs and cmake generated tarballs and work out any differences.

Once we have 3.5.0 out the door, we'll be making a new 'next' branch in the repository that will ultimately become 3.6.  It is on this 'next' branch that we'll remove autotools and rely entirely on cmake.

Johnathan