Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_delay

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_delay
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:45:23 -0700

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 18:39, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

I want it for two-element interferometry (the nearly-degenerate-case of a phased array :-) ).  I can already do fine phase adjustment just using
  complex phase rotation, but coarse adjustment requires that delays be inserted.  I need to be able to do it dynamically.

One quick hack I tried was to have a bunch of delay blocks, each with their own initial delay setting, and then selecting which one
  I wanted.  That worked just fine.  So the initial set_history() appears to have the desired effect.

You could create an FIR filter with zero-valued taps up to the delay, and a single 1.0 tap at the end, then modify the taps as needed to adjust the delay.

Johnathan