Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-N210 synchronization issue

From: Khalid Jamil
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-N210 synchronization issue
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:12:35 +0300

Thanks Marcus. So, it is the "select" block that is causing UHD device
to reset every time.

The reason I am using "Select" block is to avoid large file sizes, as
the interested signals can occur any time for short periods of time. So,
I have to run the program all the time, record a calibrating signal and
then wait for experiment data to occur and record this to file sinks.
Continuous recording can fill the hard disk very quickly; 1MS/s for
eight channels, something like 32MB/s or 2GB/min.

Any ideas on how can I record IQ data for discrete non-continuous
intervals of time without causing the system to re-tune.

Thanks,

Khalid.