Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About the example_timing.py in the example

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About the example_timing.py in the example
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:15:35 -0500

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Wang Ning <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, all,

I am not sure if the timing example in

gr-digital/examples/example_timing.py

has some issues when using M&M timing recovery. In this example, if setting --mode=1
we will run into

       self.connect(self.src, self.rrc, self.chn, self.off, self.clk, self.vsnk_clk)

where the channel output directly going into the M&M timing block, but I believe there must another 'Root Raised Cosin' filter between them to remove ISI?

Regards

Wang Ning

Yes, you're probably right. This code was originally meant just to exercise the PFB timing recovery block, which does the RRC filtering itself. I just added the M&M way later.

Thanks,
Tom