Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CYGWIN/X gnuradio

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CYGWIN/X gnuradio
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:15:49 -0500

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Samudra Haque (SpaceQuest) <address@hidden> wrote:

I have Linux hosts running gnuradio. Just wondering if CYGWIN/X environment was ever considered as a platform to run Gnuradio inside of the MS Windows environment. Does anyone have a working CYGWIN/X environment (as a X-Window server) connected through XDCMP to a Linux gnuradio host (X-Window client)?

Yes, with a bit of difficulty, GNU Radio will run in Cygwin and MinGW. On the other hand, the latest work in the 3.5 series natively builds with cmake in Windows with Visual Studio. I've not yet done this myself, but I've seen it working.

Tom