Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dynamically changing delay in gr_delay (or histor

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dynamically changing delay in gr_delay (or history in any gr_block)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:44:39 -0500

On 11/15/2011 07:24 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
Marcus,

The grc file that i sent does not support your theory:
I have 2 filters:

one with taps:   (0,)*delay+(1,)
and the other with taps  (1,)+(0,)*delay

then I can change the delay dynamically, which also means that the
history is also changed dynamically (NOT ONLY AT INIT) and there is no problem
whatsoever.
Clearly the second filter is not needed but if i get rid of it then the whole
thing does not work...

I am really confused...
Achilleas

Yes, there's some deep weirdness.

The only time the runtime pays attention to history, in my second pass through there, is in forecast() computations, via a little inlined function called "history()", which just returns "d_history". Not sure what this means.

But clearly, there's some brokenness there, and it's not clear to *me* how to fix it, although I desperately want dynamically-settable
  gr_delay() blocks to work as well, for some interferometry work.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator