Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ben's docstring work

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ben's docstring work
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:50:14 -0800

On 11/16/2011 02:57 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> Ben, Josh,
> Where are we with this? We had good momentum and were like 95% there, but
> then we dropped it about a month ago. I believe that Josh had a branch
> that, using cmake, took the docstrings code and would build a .i file per
> top-level component and install it with the Python code. I think the issue
> was that this only got the constructors, but Ben's note here talks about
> fixing that. Has this been ported to the cmake build process to
> autogenerate the doc strings?

Sorry, Ive just been too busy doing too many awesome things. I have a
branch with ben's latest python scripts for doc extractions, but its
gotten too stale, so heres my list to get this going again:

1) Get ben's python foo rebased off of latest master branch
2) Get my cmake swig docs macro also rebased
3) Implement in a few complicated places like gr-core, hopefully i can
get some help for the other components :-)
4) Extract docstrings in grc's doc extractor/parser

Sounds like a good weekend project.

-Josh