Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio locking up

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio locking up
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:14:17 -0500

On 22/11/11 12:58 PM, Matt Mills wrote:
> I may have also neglected to mention that this graph, by my count, has
> about 197 blocks in it...
>
> So is their anything I could look at further in my app (aside from
> trying to eliminate the valve blocks, which I'm attempting to do) that
> I could positively determine the cause of the lockups (and if it is
> related to Rachel's test case, that whatever patch produced will fix it).
>
> Thanks all,
> Matt.

The lock()/unlock() is a likely contributing factor, and having such a
large number of blocks is
  likely to exacerbate any underlying deficiencies in that area.

That's a lot of blocks, which means that there's going to be a lot of
data shuffling going on inside
  the block scheduler.  Try to merge blocks if you can.  For example,
adjacent multiplies can
  be merged into a single multiply, etc, etc.   With that many blocks,
you'll be chewing up
  MFLOPS pretty quickly.

--
Principal Investigator