[Discuss-gnuradio] How does benchmark_rx.py know the packet size?

From: Songsong Gee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How does benchmark_rx.py know the packet size?
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 16:07:44 +0900

When I run benchmark_tx.py, the packet size has to be specified (default is 1500)
However, I could see nothing defining the packet size on benchmark_rx.py

In benchmark_rx.py, messages from benchmark_tx.py are queued after passing demodulator, correlator, and framer sink.
But, I'm wondering that how can the receiver queue a message which has the exact size defined by the transmitter without defining the packet size on the receiver.

Are there any steps or procedures inside the demodulator, correlator, or framer sink that recognize the start and the end of the packet?

--
Seokseong Jeon, PhD Candidate
Communication & Networks Lab