Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD problem

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD problem
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:30:03 -0800

On 12/13/2011 09:02 AM, osama mohamed wrote:

> hi  nick, thanks for your reply i tried the same command line
> arguments  you gave me but the problem that there is always an under
> run  error even if i change the args i tried several combinations but
> none of them worked any suggestions about that underrun problem

So, its entirely possible that you are seeing the result of the CPU
ramping up, or the kernel/usb drivers optimizing interrupts. Which means
that you may get some initial underflow with USRP1.

Some initial underflow is not an issue if you plan to use USRP1 for
continuous transmission. The problem would be continuous underflow,
which means your computer + application cannot produce data fast enough.

-Josh