[Discuss-gnuradio] duration of uhd_rx_cfile script

From: Sebastian Döring
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] duration of uhd_rx_cfile script
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:21:44 +0100

Hello all,

I just measured the time the execution of uhd_rx_cfile.py takes all together. I used N=20000, samp-rate=1M and the rest was left to the default values.

In theory the taking of the samples should take T=N/B=20ms but I had to discover that the whole process is taking about 2s.

Does anybody know what exactly is taking so long and if there is a way to speed it up? Since I am actually planning to somehow use this script (or parts of it) in the context of spectrum sensing/monitoring for dynamic access, 2 seconds is definitely taking to long.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian