Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make command fails for GR v3.5.2.1 on Mac OSX

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make command fails for GR v3.5.2.1 on Mac OSX
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:09:24 -0400

Hi Rickard - I have about your setup, and it works well for me.  I use MacPorts
for all of the background dependencies, then I install UHD, then GNU Radio,
both from GIT.  I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 64-bit, XCode 3.2.3 (gcc 4.2.1), and
MacPorts' Python 2.7; I find that MacPorts' Python 2.6 generates occasional
threading errors.  My "usual" way of doing things is:

0) uninstall GNU Radio
1) uninstall UHD
2) cd into $prefix (/usr/local for me), and remove cruft
3) cd UHD, git pull, rm -rf the build, cmake, make, install
4) cd GNU Radio, git pull, rm -rf the build, cmake, make, install

Although the above takes some effort, it almost always works.  Most of the
time, I find that "rm -rf the build" takes care of the issues such as what you
wrote about; occasionally the GIT master has a build issue, but that's pretty
rare.  So, you -can- get UHD + GNU Radio working with your setup; just keep
persisting.  Good luck! - MLD