[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Windows Port Up and Running, no gr-audio /

From: Adam Gunderson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Windows Port Up and Running, no gr-audio / gr-fcd
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 18:58:32 -0600

Have the windows port up and running using the method below but I have a few questions.

Found Josh Blum's directions for install the GNU Radio windows here:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/GNURadio_Windows

Downloaded GNU Radio Binary from here.

Downloaded UHD install from here.

Followed the whole install process using Python 2.7 and all x86 versions of the python dependencies and everything loads up great!

Reading some old posts I think someone was looking for a PyQwt version that worked with Python2.7, found this here, from this forum post: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.qwt.python/388

However, it seems like certain GNU Radio packages are missing from the 3.5.2.1 windows install, mainly the Funcube (gr-fcd) and Audio (gr-audio). Is there still development going for gnuradio under windows? Or is there an easy way to build these into my current gnuradio installation without having to build the whole thing using cmake and Visual Studio?

Our lab currently has a Funcube and are looking to purchase a USRP (for use in satellite tracking operations). We wanted to understand the software side gnuradio with the FCD before making this purchase and windows would be easier due to the way our current ground station is setup.

Any help would be appreciated, we can roll over to Linux but this would introduce different challenges.

Thanks

-Adam