[Discuss-gnuradio] Trailing whitespaces throughout the tree.

From: Moritz Fischer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trailing whitespaces throughout the tree.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:55:59 +0200

Hey guys,

I was wondering what's the official opinion on trailing whitespace.
I am aware that this is not a pressing issue, however personally I think they're nasty.

After finding an new vim plugin ([1]) I noticed we have quite some around the tree. I removed them with a simple:

$ sed -i -e 's/\s\+$//g' $(find . -type f | grep -v '.git')

As anyway we're using git I think it can also be configured to remove them via a pre-commit or commit hook.

Attached you'll find a huge patch (as in changed lines, not in impact ;-) ) touching a lot of different files. Although I ran the QA to see if something breaks there still might be some issues. Git gurus out there, is there a better way to do it?

Cheers,

Moritz

[1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3735