[Discuss-gnuradio] Uninstall GNU Radio 3.5.3 (installed with building-gn

From: Ellen Apolinar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Uninstall GNU Radio 3.5.3 (installed with building-gnuradio script)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 09:36:02 +0200

Hey,

I installed GNU Radio with the script you can get here: http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGR#Using-the-build-gnuradio-script

Software:
OpenBTS P2.8
GNU Radio 3.5.3 (I want to uninstall this version to install 3.3)
Asterisk 1.8
Ubuntu 11.10
Kernel 3.0.22

Hardware:
USRP1 with 2 daugtherboards (RFX1800)

1) Unfortunatelly I installed a version which is too new for working with OpenBTS so I want to uninstall it.

<make uninstall> didn't work so I think I have to remove it manually. (Locate gnuradio and them remove all files.)

But i'm not sure if that is the right way so it would be great if you can say me if I'm right or not.

2) And another question: Last week I could start grc without errors, after I installed mISDNuser and LCR (for OpenBSC,
I want to realize both projects) it doens't work anymore and I get following error:

(grc:4471): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/grc", line 33, in <module>
    from gnuradio.grc import VERSION
ImportError: cannot import name VERSION

It isn't important to know why the error exists but it is interesting for me to understand it a little bit better.

Google & Co. can't help me in this case but perhaps I am searching for the wrong things. At the moment I am very insecure
because there were many problems with the installation of the programms I need for OpenBTS/OpenBSC.

It would be gratefull if you can help me or if you can point me in the right direction.

Regards
Ellen