[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: OsmoSDR developer beta

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: OsmoSDR developer beta
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 23:51:47 +0400

Hi all,

I think this is of interest for this mailing list.

Quick intro -- OsmoSDR [1] is a project to create an extremely low-cost SDR receiver similar to FunCube dongle but with higher bandwidth. Aim is to use it as a receiver for GSM/TETRA/GMR and other Osmocom projects. But it's just an SDR, you know. There are plans to later extend OsmoSDR to a full transceiver. And at last but not at least, OsmoSDR is actively developed and is progressing very quickly. It's developed by the same community which recently hacked RTL-SDR [2].

1. http://sdr.osmocom.org
2. http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/blog/rtl-sdr-introduction