Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT Sink error

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT Sink error
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 22:30:12 -0400

It's not OpenGL, it's badly designed OpenGL drivers, saying OpenGL
sucks is like saying C is slow, it can with a bad implementation, but
by its self no. Back on topic, I too have had all sorts of problems
like this with WX FFT, but it's a different error on each OS on each
system 0_o. I have to just use Baudline for my FFT ( much more useful
IMHO, but not open source :( )

Well, if OpenGL simple turns every rendering task I ask it to do and defers to the hardware, then it isn't much good as a Graphics API. If, however, it's intended to simply be a universal API for rendering *hardware*, then perhaps it's not appropriate to use it at all for
  simple, uncomplicated, 2D tasks such as those asked of it by Gnu Radio.

But if OpenGL is intended to be an environment for rendering various graphical concepts, using whatever optimizations happen to be
  available to it, or not, then it fails.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator