[Discuss-gnuradio] Funcube dongle issues and a solution

From: Gasper Zejn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Funcube dongle issues and a solution
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 08:51:59 +0200

Hi,

I was using Funcube dongle and found a strange bug. Whenever I used the FCD
source in my flow graph and started the flow, the (demodulated) signal came
out corrupted. However, if I then just started qthid, it would correct itself
and could see bits in waveform perfectly well. This was happening with
different firmware versions.

With a bit of experimenting in the earlier out of tree gr-fcd, I found out
that reverting two commits[1][2] resulted in resolving the issue.

I've made changes to in-tree gr-fcd and recompiled and it's now working in a
way, but issues remain. One is setting frequency at runtime (via a variable),
where FCD flips back into spitting out corrupted waveform.

This is where the problem outgrows my knowledge.

Kind regards,
Gasper Zejn

[1] https://github.com/csete/gr-
fcd/commit/02a773ebf5ce01b8f527fb8f8b6f74e6b8191cab
[2] https://github.com/csete/gr-
fcd/commit/407b4281dbc9b3bc7b1eb58a5fb8acf500607fda