Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error -- intel_do_flush_locked with V3.6.1git on

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error -- intel_do_flush_locked with V3.6.1git on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 16:48:33 +0200

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Michael Hartje
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello list readers,
>
> i tried to install on fresh LinuxMInt13 (a version of Ubuntu 12.04) to
> compile and install with the build_gnuradio-script the new 3.6.1git
> version out of the git archives. (not josh)
>
> it seems to me a good idea to add the prereqs liborc-0.4-dev.

That wouldn't work with e.g. Ubuntu 11.04 because it has only orc
0.4.11 and both UHD and GNU Radio requires a version strictly greater
than 0.4.11

> This works really fine. Every thing seems to be ok, simple examples did
> work (i.e. tone generator)
>
> But examples with FunCube Dongle or RTL-DVB-TStick showed a "hard" error
> which closes the the actual running grc-program at start up time..
>
> Example: fcd_nbfm_rx.grc gives
> Using Volk machine: sse2_32_orc
> intel_do_flush_locked failed: Invalid argument

I haven't seen this error but I can assure you that the Funcube Dongle
source will not work on systems with libusb-1.0.9. I will submit a
patch for that soon - until then stick to the RTL device.

Alex