Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Magnitude == RSSI?

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Magnitude == RSSI?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:07:30 -0700

You shouldn't use the magnitude of the received samples as RSSI.    The magnitudes are generally in nondescript 'engineering units (dB)'.

If you want to calculate RSSI, Marcus Leech has posted a good solution a few times in the past:

http://old.nabble.com/measuring-RSSI---N210-with-RFX2400-td31773654.html

Cheers,
Ben