[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp n210 cantenna radar

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp n210 cantenna radar
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:12:42 +0000

Hi,

I recently saw a picture of a nice little cantenna radar designed and
built by Gregory Charvat from MIT (cantenna = waveguide antenna built
from a tin can). His web page is here:

http://www.glcharvat.com/Dr._Gregory_L._Charvat_Projects/Cantenna_Radar.html

This seemed like a cool little project, so I hacked something similar
myself. The only difference is that I used a N210 and an SBX
daughterboard for signal generation and reception. Here is a video:

http://youtu.be/OIKmCStuw2c

I'm working now to get some transmission coding to be able to get
range gates too.

Does anybody know of any cheap 2.4 GHz amplifiers that would increase
power from 0.1 W to 1 or maybe 10 W?

juha