[Discuss-gnuradio] Identification of unknown signals?

From: Christian Gagneraud
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Identification of unknown signals?
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:22:39 +0100

Hi all,

While scanning some frequencies, I came across some digital signal in the 166-168MHz region that I would like to identify.
The baseband signals are narrow (5/10 kHz) using an unknown modulation.
I had a look at the constellation diagram and all I could see is a quite flat ellipse.

The spectrum at the beginning of the burst has 5 harmonics spaced by ca. 1.6KHz, and at the end of the bust it's just a single spike (and the IQ signals are almost pure sinus)

I would be grateful if someone could share tips about signal identification.

Chris

--
Christian Gagneraud,
Embedded systems engineer.