Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Binary ASK modulator / demodulator. Help

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Binary ASK modulator / demodulator. Help needed.
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:05:09 -0400

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Alkis Gian <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is there a BASK (Binary-ASK) mod/demod block inside GNURadio? If not can
> someone help me make one using the exising GNURadio blocks?
>
> Alkis

Hi Alkis,

There are not blocks that directly handle ASK. You can probably get a
good sense of what to do by looking at the PSK mod/demod blocks. In
particular, BPSK can be looked at as a form of ASK. So look at the
constellation objects and the generic_mod_demod.py blocks that can be
found in gr-digital. I don't think that it will be terribly difficult
to modify these to fit your needs.

Tom