[Discuss-gnuradio] Re g : spectrum sensing code

From: sumitstop
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re g : spectrum sensing code
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:22:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Community,

Question - 1

I was working with the UHD version of spectrum sensing code.

I have USRP2 with me. I learnt that USRP2 can achieve 50MHz of RF bandwidth
with 8 bit samples and 25MHz of RF bandwidth with 16 bit samples.

I wanted to know how does this information translates while passing min_freq
ans max_freq parameters to the spectrum sensing code. Does it mean (max_freq
- min_freq) = 25MHz.

Please correct me if I am wrong :teeth:

Question - 2

Why the minimum center frequency is set as follows :

self.min_center_freq = self.min_freq + self.freq_step/2

Why it simply doesn't take the minimum frequency as we provided. Setting the
max_center_freq I understood somehow.

Question - 3

In non UHD version of spectrum sensing code the adc_rate was fixed fro
USRP-1 i.e. 64M and that was used to calculate usrp_rate while in UHD
version of the same code usrp_rate is calculated by the sampling rate we
give.

I was wondering how does the code manages to work with devices of different
sampling rates i.e. USRP-1 with 64M USRP2 with 100M

Context : I am trying to scan WLAN channels 1, 6, 11 continuously. So I have
to keep working with a total bandwidth of 76 MHz

-----
Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant
Communication Research center