Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about digital_ofdm_mapper_bcv class and

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about digital_ofdm_mapper_bcv class and d_msg variable
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:00:34 -0400

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Lampros Katsikas
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> In the current implementation of the digital_ofdm_mapper_bcv::work() method
> only one packet of 528 size(in other words d_msg->length() == 528) is
> consumed each time in order to create a symbol.
> I tried to modify the method to consume more of those packets but it still
> not works.
> So the question is if there is a way to change the packet size of the msg
> (d_msg->length()) from 528 to another integer.I could not find where this
> value is given yet.
>
> Thans in advance,
> Lampros.

You can change the lengths of most parts of the symbol and packet. If
you run the benchmark_tx.py script with '-h', you'll see the list of
options. The '-s' allows you to specify the length of the packet
(default = 400 bytes), the number of subcarriers (--fft-length), the
number of used subcarriers (--occupied-tones) and the length of the
cyclic prefix (--cp-length).

You should be able to make the OFDM code work on more than one symbol
at a time, which should help a bit in the performance. The
book-keeping starts to get nasty, so to make it easier on us when we
put this together, we decided to get it right by only using one symbol
at a time.

Tom