Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] request to add openSUSE 12.1 support to the build

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] request to add openSUSE 12.1 support to the build-gnuradio script
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 10:15:48 -0400

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM, KB3CS - Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've just corresponded with Marcus Leech about adding support for openSUSE
> 12.1 in the build-gnuradio script, and he's said
>
>    "The cmake hackery might be better placed in the Cmake rules in Gnu Radio
> itself--using yet-another special recognizer for OpenSuse.  I suggest you
> post to discuss-gnuradio to indicate that OpenSuse requires this rule, and
> perhaps someone (maybe Josh) will patch the Cmake rules appropriately."

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure I understand what rule has to be added/changed for you?
Is it just the location of the QWT header files? That's going to be a
continuous problem since they don't produce a package config file for
us to work off of. We're basically left to chase down all possible
include directories where we know it exists. Also, now that QWT 6 is
out, a lot of platforms are switching to that, so if we hard code
/usr/include/qwt5, that'll just break when OpenSUSE moves to Qwt6 and
we'll have to write another rule.

Any advice for how to best handle this situation is appreciated. (But
getting rid of Qwt isn't an option; it's way too useful.)

Tom