Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Invalid argument

From: Pol Henarejos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Invalid argument
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:25:42 +0200

Dear Josh,

I am not sure it is related with fftw_wisdom_file. Examining gri_fft.cc
I appreciate the wisdom is loaded when the gri_fft_complex and others
are called. But this is not the case. Nevertheless I created the
.gr_fftw_wisdom with fftw3f-wisdom tool and moved to APPDATA path. The
warnings still remain as usual: Invalid argument.

I used "grep -R "Invalid argument" *" to locate this string in gnuradio
and it does not appear in any place. So I guess it is with libraries. I
bet it is with boost_1.51.

Thanks.

On 09/10/2012 06:08 AM, Pol Henarejos wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I gitted the v3.6.2 tag with Boost 1.51 and Windows 7 x64 MSVC
> 2010. I have these following lines:
>
> grTop = gr_make_top_block(std::string(name));
> grTop->connect(gr_make_null_source(sizeof(gr_complex)), 0,
> gr_make_null_sink(sizeof(gr_complex)), 0); grTop->start();
>
> and I get these warnings:
>
>> : Invalid argument
> gr_pagesize: no info; setting pagesize = 4096
>> : Invalid argument
>
> But the program still works. I am not sure it is related with
> gnuradio because I did not found any reference to "Invalid
> argument". Sometimes appears "P: No such file or directory", many
> others the ">" is replaced by some strange parameter. I guess it is
> related with boost 1.51 maybe.
>
> It is not critical but it is quite annoying.
>
> Do you have some hint?

I have a suspicion that its related to loading the fftw wisdom file.
See if you can find the print here: ./src/lib/general/gri_fft.cc

-josh

--

Pol Henarejos
Research Engineer, MSc

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Engineering Unit
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)