[Discuss-gnuradio] TUN/TAP interface advantage

From: usrp n210
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUN/TAP interface advantage
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 23:45:31 -0400

Is there any advantage to use TUN/TAP interface ?
As 802.11bbn also uses TUN/TAP interface.
But I think in the tun/tap performance degrades as we send the packet back to user process?
Therefore I compare results with benchmark_xx.py in /ofdm  with tunnel.py in /ofdm.
In results benchmark_xx.py do not give consistent throughput (i.e. it varies on channel) but tunnel.py gives 100% throughput irrespective of channel
Will there be any valid reason for this ?
If I want to implement 2-way communication in USRP should I use TUN/TAP interface?