Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP on Switch

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP on Switch
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:23:07 -0400

> Dose any one know how to configure UHD sink block for multiple USRP's
> connection;
>
> i have got fallowing error...
>
> Error :
>
> Using Volk machine: sse4_2_32
> Registered event listener change listener:  true
> LSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSLSSL

S = sequence error or dropped transmit packet, L = late transmit packet
However, the FPGA could also interpret junk packets as being late or
sequence errors as well. So it depends on what is really happening.

Switches can sometimes be problematic. I have have very good luck with
those little blue netgear switches. Can I recommend:

1) Ensure you can successfully use one USRP with the switch
2) Ensure the switch is 1 gigE supporting (obviously)
3) Also make sure that total bandwidth < 1gigE, because 2 USRP N210 at
full rate can exceed gigE bandwidth easily

-josh