Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I know which USRP is installed GPS?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I know which USRP is installed GPS?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:53:07 -0400

On 09/18/2012 07:02 PM, Alex Zhang wrote:
> Hi
>
> My PC is connected with 2 USRPs and one of them is connected with GPS and
> the other one is using the MIMO cable to share the GPS.
> My question is, is it possible to use the Python code to detect which USRP
> is equipped with GPS, and which is not?

There are a few things you can query:

1) the sensors list will have new things in it like gpsdo_locked, and
nmea strings:
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/gpsdo.html#using-the-gpsdo-in-your-application

2) The available time and clock sources list should also include gpsdo
(on the master branch)

Both of these things should be exposed in the python source/sink blocks.

-josh