[Discuss-gnuradio] Building blocks of gnuradio-companion - GR file sink

From: Hussain, Mushabbar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building blocks of gnuradio-companion - GR file sink
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 03:05:10 +0000

Hi,

We are trying to build a simulated model using the building blocks of gnuradio-companion tool. In the GRC model one of the blocks is the GR file sink block which is intended for storage of the data. Now the issue is that if the program is run for a longer period of time(say 40-60m mins) the data file size would grow huge(may be in GB), somehow we want to  prevent/restrict the data file size to a few MB’s – like a fixed size circular buffer. Is there any way GRC API which would allows us to set the filesize? Another harder way is to write code to check file size and if that exceeds certain limit, we can backup the data and flush the file to restart storing again.

Please comment what would be an easier way to achieve this?

Regards,

Hussain