[Discuss-gnuradio] a question to make sure Tx and Rx start times w.r.t.

From: abdullah unutmaz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] a question to make sure Tx and Rx start times w.r.t. each other
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 07:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody,

I have been trying to design a ionosonde with USRPs in my final year project.
I am responsible for the signal processing part of the project. I will have been
using USRP1 untill hardware part, that is amplifier and antennas, is set up.
I have been using another USRP1 & a PC to model an HF channel, and processing
the delayed signal in my own PC. As far as I see in web site of Ettus Research,
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp1.html , and several similar
projects completed USRP2s are better to use for such a purpose.

In processing of the received signal, the peak of the result of the x-correlation
must not even be different from the its actual instant as three micro seconds.
That is why, I need to make sure if Tx and Rx starts working at the same instant
and perfectly synchronized, in other words , if they perform parallelly at all?

Thanks in advance,
Abdullah