Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] simple ARQ MAC over TDMA; using GNU Radio and USR

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] simple ARQ MAC over TDMA; using GNU Radio and USRPs in GRC
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:43:21 -0400

On 09/26/2012 03:20 PM, Alex Zhang wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> A quick question, what is the time reference you are using for the TDMA
> engine? Is it GPS or something else? How accurate about the time
> synchronization?

In this case we tested in the LAB with shared reference and PPS. GPSDO
per USRP should be great too. Both of these options will be highly accurate.

Now, it should be possible for a more advanced TDMA engine to try and
determine the transmit windows without explicit synchronization. I hope
we get this into the example as well.

The guard interval parameter could be modified depending upon the accuracy.

-josh