Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building with CMake on Win7 with MSVC 2008

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building with CMake on Win7 with MSVC 2008
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:04:41 -0600

On 12/13/2012 08:17 AM, wakjah ' wrote:
> Actually, I'm not sure that it was strictly necessary to remove all of
> those from the make list; I just removed what I *thought* was affecting it
> (anything that referenced if_tun.h - even if it was within a #if/#endif)
> and it seemed to work.

OK cool, thats what I thought. I think there was a patch merged for this
ifdef yesterday after you reported the bug.

> With regards to posting patches... yes, I can, but I'm not sure how. I
> understand that I need to use git format-patch, but do I have to commit
> beforehand? I thought the idea was that I would create a patch and submit
> it, and then someone would commit and merge the patch later on, but I can't
> see how to get format-patch to work unless I commit (sorry, first time
> using git :) )

just send the output of "git diff" :-)

> I am using boost 1.51 - I previously had an earlier version that I had
> compiled, but at some point I downloaded the prebuilt binaries to try and
> fix an issue. It didn't fix the issue, but now I have the latest version of
> boost :)
>
> As for the windows audio sources: yes, the windows audio source is empty,
> but the portaudio one is not. In order to get it to work I had to set
> audio_module = portaudio in C:\Program Files
> (x86)\gnuradio\etc\gnuradio\conf.d\gr-audio.conf. I think there might also
> be a way involving importing only the audio_portaudio module in Python, but
> I haven't investigated this yet. You also have to make sure you get the
> device name right, or it'll do nothing. For a while I thought I should be
> setting the device name to portaudio to tell the factory to create a
> portaudio source, but I was wrong - the documentation could be a little
> clearer on this.

There is only one audio source/sink block. The underlying implementation
is chosen based on compilation support and preference setting. So
setting the conf file is probably the best way to do this.

-josh

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 12/12/2012 07:40 AM, wakjah ' wrote:
>>> OK, so here's what I've done to get it to build:
>>>
>>> - To build gnuradio-core, comment out lines in
>>> D:\gnuradio\src\gnuradio-3.3.0\gnuradio-core\src\lib\io\CMakeLists.txt
>>>     #${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/gr_stream_pdu_base.cc
>>>     #${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/gr_stream_pdu_base.h
>>>     #gr_tuntap_pdu
>>>     #gr_socket_pdu
>>>
>>> - Remove
>>>     #include <gr_pdu.h>
>>>     #include <gr_tuntap_pdu.h>
>>>     #include <gr_socket_pdu.h>
>>>     %include "gr_pdu.i"
>>>     %include "gr_tuntap_pdu.i"
>>>     %include "gr_socket_pdu.i"
>>> from D:\gnuradio\src\gnuradio-3.3.0\gnuradio-core\src\lib\io
>>>
>>> It seems that these new modules (added to git 5 days ago) don't play
>> nicely
>>> with CMake on windows (the libraries required only exist on Linux anyway)
>>>

>> It seems like some unstable stuff was merged into master. Can you post
>> the error? I understand the tuntap issue. But I'm not sure about the
>> others...
>>
>>> - To build gnuradio-audio, add #include <io.h> to
>> audio_portaudio_source.cc
>>> and audio_portaudio_sink.cc
>>
>> can you post the patch?
>>
>> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/495
>>

>>> - Add boost.Chrono library input to linker missing from projects:
>>> fcd_nfm_rx
>>> dial_tone
>>> _filter_swig
>>> _fft_swig