Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem converting RTL 8 bit IQ samples to gnurad

From: Salvatore Sanfilippo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem converting RTL 8 bit IQ samples to gnuradio native format.
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 23:59:26 +0100

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

> The RTL *WILL NOT* support sample rates reliably above 2.4Msps, regardless
> of how well-appointed your CPU is.  It drops them internally in
>   its pipeline.  I would suggest using 2.4Msps, and up-sampling to 4Msps.

Thanks Marcus, I noticed this using rtl_test + a very fast computer:
still losing bytes above 2.4.

So should I assume that when modes_rx uses gets data directly from RTL
there is a software layer performing the up-sampling, and this is a
probable cause of my issues after the conversion?

Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware

Beauty is more important in computing than anywhere else in technology
because software is so complicated. Beauty is the ultimate defence
against complexity.
       — David Gelernter