[Discuss-gnuradio] Software Radio Implementation Forum CFP

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Software Radio Implementation Forum CFP
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 16:03:28 -0500

Hi everyone,

Some friends at the Chinese University of Hong Kong had started the Software Radio Implementation Forum (SRIF) last year. I was an invited speaker at their first workshop last January (I made mention of this and I think saw a few list subscribers there). Matt Ettus also came to participate. It was a great workshop and completely focused on _implementation_ issues; that is, taking theory into practice and all of the issues that are raised in doing so. This is a large part of GNU Radio and where we play an important role.

We're holding another SRIF workshop in August of 2013 in Hong Kong in conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM. It's a huge honor to be associated with such a significant, recognized, and competitive conference, and we'd like to make the most of it!

We have a call for papers online and I would like to encourage people to check it out and submit your work. Especially if you are over in that part of the world. And if you aren't over in that part of the world, Hong Kong's a fantastic city, and SRIF and SIGCOMM should be well worth your time.

Please find all of the information about the workshop at the website here:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2013/srif.php

Thanks!

Tom