Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can I add power amplifier for longer communicatio

From: Alan Corey
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can I add power amplifier for longer communication range
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 22:44:31 -0500

On 12/26/12, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 15:46:56 +0800
> From: Gong Zhang <address@hidden>
> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can I add power amplifier for longer
>       communication range
>
> Dear all,
> Can I add power amplifier between daughterboard and antenna for longer
> communication range?Does anyone try this before?
> Thanks.

First question is whether it's legal for you to run more power at
whatever frequency (licensing issue).

The second question has to do with spectral purity.  You might want to
run a hardware LC bandpass filter before the antenna.

Other than that, if you can match impedances closely enough it should work.

  Alan, ab1jx
--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX