Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Randomness Introduced in Gnuradio WAV Source Bloc

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Randomness Introduced in Gnuradio WAV Source Block?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:05:34 +0100

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 01:48:47AM -0500, Tommy Tracy II wrote:
> I eventually determined, that the randomness was added somewhere in the WAV
> Source block. Has anyone seen this?

Tommy,

can you please post more details:
- Which GR version?
- What format are your WAV files? (8/16 Bit, Mono/Stereo)
  - Does that matter?
- How large is the WAV file?
- To be clear, this works on Ubuntu, but not on Gentoo? (works on my
  Ubuntu ...)
- Do you know how the output is corrupted?

> This little program shows where the problem may be. The input is a WAV file.
> The float stream is converted to chars, and then dumped to a file. This should
> be completely reproducible, but it doesn't seem to be in the case of my Gentoo
> machine.

Are the Ubuntu & Gentoo machine different hardware?

> [code]
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>         tb = top_block()
>         tb.run(True)

Hm, I'm not even sure what the 'True' does here.. normally you limit the
FG to a number of items with the run() argument.

Also, can you please run this test: Add a throttle after the file
source, and set it to a low value (50k or something). Then run again.
(I'm serious :).

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)