Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thread AssertionError and Libc++abi.dylib on Mac

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thread AssertionError and Libc++abi.dylib on Mac Transmissions
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:43:23 -0500

Hi Julian - The command to have MacPorts install GTK to use Quartz is "sudo
port install gtk2 +no_x11 +quartz".  MacPorts will automatically deactivate the
prior install of GTK2 and activate this one.  I've never tested this variant,
so if you do do this, please post your results from trying to run GRC.  To get
back the original (assuming it was installed with the defaults), you'd do "sudo
port activate gtk2 +x11".

Note that GRC actually depends on PyGtk, which in turn depends on ATK, which
depends on Cairo.  So, you'll probably want to install Cairo as "+quartz -x11".

Another way to do this, I think, is "sudo port --enforce-variants install
gnuradio +grc +no_x11 +quartz -x11", which should go about installing
replacements for those ports which can take the extra variants (e.g., cairo,
gtk2).  You can also add your own variants to this list, e.g., "+gcc47" if
that's your preferred gcc for FFTW and SciPy (and, others).

MacPorts can be both powerful and confusing, much like any reasonably
complicated install system. - MLD