Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wrong git tag in 3.6.3 release tarball

From: Richard Farina
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wrong git tag in 3.6.3 release tarball
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:48:30 -0500

On 01/22/2013 12:38 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Barry Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> It seems that 3.6.3 release tarball has been prepared from git tag
>> 3.6.4git :\
>>

> Indeed it has, thanks for catching this.
>
> Fortunately, there is no difference in functionality, other than the change
> in the version string.
>
> I'll re-issue the tarball file on gnuradio.org.

It should be noted, that it is generally bad to make a new tarball with
exactly the same name as it confuses people.  I added gnuradio 3.6.3 in
gentoo and all of the users downloaded the package from your site and
the gentoo mirrors picked up the package.  Now if the user gets it from
the mirrors or your website it would be different.

It would be best to avoid two different tarballs with different
checksums and the same name.  Can we maybe call this 3.6.3.1?

Thanks,
Zero