[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem loading Python block

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem loading Python block
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:05:56 +0100

Hi all,

today i was trying to make hierarchical signal processing block in Python. I started with gr_modtool script, and configured it for hierpython block type.

My idea was to design block similar to packet framer, so inside of the new block, I connected binary slicer and Framer sink. I have also declared message queue.

Outside of main block, I designed another block which should collect messages sent by framer from the main block.

When I wanted to run this block, I got following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/GRC/top_block.py", line 439, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/GRC/top_block.py", line 183, in __init__
    self.test_packet_proba_0 = test.packet_proba()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'packet_proba'

Next I found that maybe I have to put following line in __init__.py file:

from packet_proba import *

After that I got similar error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/GRC/top_block.py", line 18, in <module>
    import test
  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/test/__init__.py", line 49, in <module>
    from packet_proba import *
  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/test/packet_proba.py", line 51, in <module>
    class proba(gr.basic_block):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'basic_block'

I have also tried with gr.block instead of gr.basic_block, but with identical results.

Can anybody tell what's missing?

Thanks

--
Nemanja Savić