Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Non-deterministic behavior

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Non-deterministic behavior
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:37:38 +0100

Hi Vanessa,

a question like this pops up every once in a while. Is your dat file
pretty large? This would fit with what others have been reporting.

Is there any way you could provide an example of something that is
failing?

Also, have you tried reducing the throttle to something pretty
ridiculously slow?

MB

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 05:40:46PM +0100, Vanessa Gardellin wrote:
> Dear all,
> we are experiencing an undesired random behavior when we run an
> offline OFDM flow graph.
> Specifically, we store a transmitted sequence of packets in a *.dat
> file (file_sink) and then we run the receiver chain using always the
> same file as source (file_source).
>
> Repeating several times the same run using the same source file, we
> get a varying number of received right/wrong packets.
>
> Is there an explanation to this behavior?
> How can we generate a repeatable experiment?
>

> Regards,
> Vanessa

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)