[Discuss-gnuradio] unittest with USRP not finishing

From: maiconkist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] unittest with USRP not finishing
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 04:01:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

I am trying to write a simple unit test from a flow graph I'm writing. The
problem is that the flowgraph dont finish. It hangs in the line
"self.assertNotEqual(out, 0).

The complete code is as follows:

####
from gnuradio import gr_unittest

# Project imports
from usrpDevice import UsrpFlowGraph
from usrpDevice import USRPDevice

from time import sleep

## Test DeviceWrapper methods
#
class qa_device(gr_unittest.TestCase):

        ## Test USRP communication
        def test_001_usrp(self):
                uhd = USRPDevice()
                uhd.start()

                out = uhd.sense()

                self.assertNotEqual(out, 0)

if __name__ == '__main__':
        gr_unittest.main()
####

And the USRPDevice class:

####
class USRPDevice(gr.top_block):

        ## CTOR
        def __init__(self):
                gr.top_block.__init__(self, "Energy Top Block")

                self.mUhd = uhd.usrp_source(device_addr=options.addr,
                                stream_args=uhd.stream_args(cpu_format='fc32',
                                otw_format='sc16'))

                self.ed = EnergyDetector(options.fft_size)
                self.mavg = gr.moving_average_ff(options.moving_avg_size,
                                1.0/options.moving_avg_size
                                )
                self.mOut = gr.probe_signal_f()

                self.connect(self.mUhd, self.ed, self.mavg, self.mOut)

        def sense(self):
                return self.mOut.level()

####

I tried changed the code and verified that USRPDevice::sense is returning
when its called.
And if I remove the "start()" call in the Unit Test, it works fine.

Any suggestion of whats happening ?