Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Version Problem ?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Version Problem ?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 11:30:10 -0500

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Volker Schroer <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

after a fresh build of gnuradio on a gentoo 64 bit system the qtgui stuff doesn't work anymore.

Make test fails with. The output is:

Start testing: Feb 07 17:11 CET
1/1 Testing: qa_qtgui
1/1 Test: qa_qtgui
Command: "/bin/sh" "/home/schroer/gnuradiocomponents/gnuradio/build/gr-qtgui/python/qa_qtgui_test.sh"
Directory: /home/schroer/gnuradiocomponents/gnuradio/build/gr-qtgui/python
"qa_qtgui" start time: Feb 07 17:11 CET
Output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/schroer/gnuradiocomponents/gnuradio/gr-qtgui/python/qa_qtgui.py", line 24, in <module>
    import qtgui_swig
  File "/home/schroer/gnuradiocomponents/gnuradio/build/gr-qtgui/swig/qtgui_swig.py", line 26, in <module>
    _qtgui_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File "/home/schroer/gnuradiocomponents/gnuradio/build/gr-qtgui/swig/qtgui_swig.py", line 22, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_qtgui_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /home/schroer/gnuradiocomponents/gnuradio/build/gr-qtgui/lib/libgnuradio-qtgui-3.6.4git.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: _ZNK7QwtPlot9drawItemsEP8QPainterRK6QRectFPK11QwtScaleMap
<end of output>
Test time =   0.24 sec
Test Failed.
"qa_qtgui" end time: Feb 07 17:11 CET
"qa_qtgui" time elapsed: 00:00:00
 qwt 6.0.2 and qt-4.8.4 are installed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Volker

Hi Volker,

I'm guessing that you are using the master branch from the name of your library? (not that that changes too much).

This strikes me as an issue with a library linking problem. I'd recommend deleting your CMakeCache.txt file in your build directory, rerun cmake, and then rebuild (might even want to 'make clean' in gr-qtgui). QwtScaleMap definitely exists in Qwt 6.0.2, and I'm using it right now. I think something just got confused in a version change somewhere.

Tom